Attention all High School Band Directors
Its time to sign your band up for the…
2017 Skyhawk Band Day Extravaganza!
All high school students are invited to be a part of a special half time extravaganza performance at our annual “Skyhawk Band Day” at Point University. This event will take place at our October 14, 2017 homecoming football game. This is a great opportunity for high school students to experience a college football game at Point University. It is an experience like no other! We would like to invite you to be a part of this event free of charge by clicking the link below.
Benefits for 2017:
- Free Directors gift: Thanks to our sponsor Ken Stanton Music and Music and Arts, band directors can choose between these two awesome Directors gifts:
- Boss DB-90 Metronome (Dr. Beat)
- Presonus recording package: includes a Presonus AudioBox iOne interface and a downloaded copy of Presonus Studio One software. With a microphone and an iPad or computer, you can turn your band room into a recording studio! This is perfect to record rehearsals for LGPE/MPA preparation, record your band performances, or even create sound samples for your marching band show.
- All students receive a free game day T-shirt (used as their uniform), Chick-fila lunch, and more.
- Students will get a chance to meet other band members as well as our students during our Skyhawk Kick Off Party, which will be going on upon your arrival.
- All directors, students, and staff get free tickets to the Point University v. Bluefield homecoming football game.
- All high school students get to participate in the 2017 Band Day Half Time Extravaganza show presented by our sponsors.
Note: Parents and/or band directors are responsible for supervision and transportation during this event.
Music: Click here to download the music for the half time event. (posted in September)
Guard/Majorette/Dance: Click here to see the easy routine videos for the half time event. (posted in September)
Schedule of Events:
Session 1: Morning Meet and Rehearsal
9:00 am Check-in at the Scott Performing Arts Center and get started with the Kick-off Party!!!!
- GPS this address to arrive at the meeting parking lot:
- 507 West 10th Street, West Point, GA 31833
- Kick off party
- A staff member will meet you at the bus when you arrive.
9:30 am Group A attends the Marching Skyhawks Preview Performance (Performing
Group B gets an up close session with our color guard, majorettes, and
drumline. (Next door in the Lanier Academic Building)
10:15 The Groups trade places!
11:00 Eat Chick-fila lunch!!!!!!!
12:00 Load the bus and leave for Ram Stadium
- For GPS Navigation input 1 Sportsplex Drive, Valley AL 36854
Session 2: Football Game
12:45 Arrive at the sportsplex and meet with the Marching Skyhawks staff. From here, we will walk into the stands.
1:30 Game Time!!!!!
- Half time extravaganza!!!! Tell your parents to come and bring their cameras!
4:00 Approximately the time the Point University game will end.
Note: Band Directors that register large groups will be sent additional information in regards to bus parking, travel routes, etc., once you register.