Attention all High School Band Directors
Its time to sign your band up for the…
2017 Skyhawk Band Day Extravaganza!
All high school students are invited to be a part of a special half time extravaganza performance at our annual “Skyhawk Band Day” at Point University. This event will take place at our October 14, 2017 homecoming football game. This is a great opportunity for high school students to experience a college football game at Point University. It is an experience like no other! We would like to invite you to be a part of this event free of charge by clicking the link below.
Benefits for 2017:
- Free Directors gift: Thanks to our sponsor Ken Stanton Music, band directors can choose between these two awesome Directors gifts:
- Boss DB-90 Metronome (Dr. Beat)
- Presonus recording package: includes a Presonus AudioBox iOne interface and a downloaded copy of Presonus Studio One software. With a microphone and an iPad or computer, you can turn your band room into a recording studio! This is perfect to record rehearsals for LGPE/MPA preparation, record your band performances, or even create sound samples for your marching band show.
- Directors orientation and appreciation summer day.
- On June 20th, all participating directors are invited to Point University to tour our facilities and walk through the Band Day event. While you are on campus, our staff will take you to lunch and then we will play a round of golf at our beautiful Point University Golf Club. All of this is free and our way of saying thank you for bringing your band! Even if you don’t play golf, we hope you will attend and “talk shop.”
- Students will get a chance to participate in a morning rehearsal with our Marching Skyhawks.
- All students receive a free game day T-shirt (used as their uniform), Chick-fila lunch, and more.
- Students will get a chance to meet other band members as well as our students during our Skyhawk Kick Off Party, which will be going on upon your arrival.
- All directors, students, and staff get free tickets to the Point University v. Bluefield homecoming football game.
- All high school students get to participate in the 2017 Band Day Half Time Extravaganza show presented by our sponsors.
Space is limited to the first 600 participants! In order to make sure that you are able to participate in the Directors orientation and appreciation day, please register here today.
Note: Parents and/or band directors are responsible for supervision and transportation during this event.
Music: Click here to download the music for the half time event. (posted in September)
Guard/Majorette/Dance: Click here to see the easy routine videos for the half time event. (posted in September)
Schedule of Events:
Session 1: Morning Meet and Rehearsal
9:00 am Registration begins at the Point University Gymnasium
- GPS this address to arrive at the meeting parking lot:
- 507 West 10th Street, West Point, GA 31833
- Band guides will be in the parking lot to point you in the right direction!
- Kick off party
- A staff member will meet you at the bus when you arrive.
9:30 am Performance by the Marching Skyhawks
10:00-11:00 Practice for the mass half time extravaganza show!
11:15-12:00 Eat Chick-fila lunch!!!!!!!
Session 2: Football Game
12:30 Leave the Gymnasium
- For GPS Navigation input 1 Sportsplex Drive, Valley AL 36854
1:00 Arrive at the sportsplex and meet with the Marching Skyhawks staff. From here, we will walk into the stands
- This year, we are sitting on the opposite side (away side) of the stands so that we have more room. Lots of water will be provided.
1:30 Game Time!!!!!
- Half time extravaganza!!!! Tell your parents to come and bring their cameras!
4:00 Approximately the time the Point University game will end.
Note: Band Directors that register large groups will be sent additional information in regards to bus parking, travel routes, etc., once you register.